Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council Finance and Human Resources Coordinator
You can find all the details about the position, including job description, qualifications, and application instructions, at the following link: https://wwbwc.org/about/staff/2-uncategorised/223-employment-opportunities.html
The Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council is currently seeking a Financial and HR Coordinator. Please share with anyone interested in working in a collaborative and mission-driven organization.
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Finance and Human Resources Coordinator manages financial and human resources-related activities. This includes payroll processing, billing and invoicing, fiscal grant management, and human resources management. The Finance and Human Resources Coordinator will ensure that all financial and human resources processes and procedures are executed accurately, efficiently, and in compliance with all relevant regulations and laws.
Organizational Background: The watershed council is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and funded through grants, individual donations, and in-kind contributions from local partners. As a non-profit organization, the watershed council is committed to transparency and accountability in all of its financial and business practices. The Finance and Human Resources Coordinator will have the opportunity to work for an organization that positively impacts the environment and community and contribute to its continued success.
- Process bi-monthly payroll for all employees, including tracking and recording sick leave, vacation time, and other employee benefits
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, including billing and invoicing, and ensure timely payment of all bills
- Manage the fiscal grant process, including the tracking of grant funds, the preparation of grant reports, and compliance with grant requirements
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Maintain accurate financial records, including general ledger, financial statements, and other financial documents
- Manage the annual budget process in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Provide support to the Board of Directors' Fiscal/Education Committee
- Manage all aspects of human resources, including recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees; maintaining employee files; managing benefits enrollment; and ensuring compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations
- Provide support to managers and employees on HR-related issues, including performance management, employee relations, and training and development
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial, accounting, and HR policies and procedures
- Serve as the first point of contact for the organization by professionally answering phone calls and warmly greeting visitors, ensuring a positive and welcoming experience for all
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, human resources, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in financial and/or human resources management, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Experience with payroll processing, billing and invoicing, and fiscal grant management
- Knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting principles
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
Physical Demands: This job may require sitting or standing for extended periods and occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. The position may also require occasional travel within the local area.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Finance and Human Resources Coordinator position offers a competitive hourly pay rate ranging from $22 to $25 per hour, depending on experience. The successful candidate will be eligible for medical, dental, and retirement benefits after the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
Medical Benefits: The organization offers a comprehensive medical plan to eligible employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage. The plan is designed to provide employees access to high-quality healthcare services covered by the WWBWC.
Retirement Benefits: The organization offers a retirement plan to eligible employees. The plan is designed to help employees save for retirement and includes a company match to encourage participation.
Paid Time Off: The Finance and Human Resources Coordinator position offers paid time off (PTO) to eligible employees, including vacation, sick leave, and personal holidays.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or stop by our 810 S. Main St in Milton-Freewater, Oregon office. You can also contact us at (541) 938-2170 if you have any questions.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $22-25